Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Titans of Industry

For the 5th consecutive year CHS had the 1st place team in Junior Achievement's district business competition "Titans of Industry". Alan Walter, Clairemont Academy of Business teacher, uses the virtual business simulation in his Entrepreneurship course to educate students about the rigors of running a global business. "I had a similar business simulation my capstone year in college. It was such a great way to learn about running a company in a fun, hands-on way that I vowed if I had the opportunity I would give the same opportunity to my students. In many ways I think this is better than a textbook." Walter said.

The competition took place Dec 5th at University of Phoenix. Teams competed against each other in a virtual business simulation where they are the CEO of a media company. Based on market data and analysis teams made business decisions such as price, marketing, R&D, charitable giving and capital improvement.

Not only is this the 5th year an Academy of Business team has scored the top overall spot, but they took home 2nd, 4th and 5th places as well in the district.

Alan Walter Teacher, Academy of Business Clairemont High School





Way to go CHS! We are so proud of our young shinning stars in the community!

Janett Lewis

Director North

Chair, Communications Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment