Welcome to 2016 -- if you are a Clairemont Town Council member, renewals are due! If you'd like to renew or join the CTC, please visit our website at www.clairemontonline.com/join.
You don't have to be a member to attend our meetings however, like any membership organization, we are only as strong as our members. Membership dues go towards furthering the Council's purpose and objective over the last 60-plus years of working to benefit our Clairemont community.
Last month, Assemblyman Brian Maienschein joined us for our annual potluck dinner. We also had the honor of presenting awards to those who went above and beyond to help make Clairemont a better place. Our list of honorees included:
- Business of the Year: Sandwich Emporium
- Non-Profit/Organization of the Year: Clairemont Hilltoppers Little League
- Elected Official Staffer of the Year: Allen Young (Councilman Chris Cate's Office)
- Community Volunteer of the Year: Michael Snyder (Clairemont Mesa Education Foundation)
- Event Volunteer of the Year: Lynn Haims (Clairemont Garden Tour)
- Youth Volunteers of the Year: Clairemont High School Chieftain Cheer
- Youth Volunteer of the Year: Jesus Martinez
- Board of Directors Award: Holly Tafoya & Larry Hesselgesser (San Diego Police Dept. Northern Division)
Our January Inaugural meeting will be held Thursday, January 7th at 6:30pm in the Cadman Elementary auditorium. We will swear-in our newly elected board members, fill our vacant Director Central position, and open the floor to ideas and suggestions for the Council's 2016 goals. Also, we will hear a presentation from the San Diego Office of Homeland Security on disaster preparedness.
Finally, our 20th Annual Clairemont Garden Tour is coming up in May. Planning is already underway, so if you'd like to be on the committee or showcase your garden, or nominate your neighbor's garden, then please email GardenTour@ClairemontOnline.co
m, or visit gardentour. clairemontonline.com.
Let's kick off this new year right!
Working for you, Clairemont!