The Habit Burger Grill Opens in Clairemont Mesa
Three Fundraisers will benefit Mission Valley YMCA/Krause Family
Skate Park, MDA and Friends of the Balboa Public Library
(Irvine, CA – August 5, 2014) - Habit Restaurants, LLC, an Irvine-based restaurant company, will open a Habit Burger Grill at 4175 Genesee Avenue in San Diego on Wednesday, August 13, 2014. The newest location brings the number of Habit restaurants to 96. The Habit was recently rated in the Burger category in a Consumer Reports national survey (click here).
The public may get a sneak peek of the tasty menu during fundraisers on Sunday and Tuesday, August 10 and 12, when The Habit will donate 100 percent of all proceeds to three non-profits. On Sunday, August 10, The Habit will open for lunch (11:30-1:30) benefiting the Mission Valley YMCA/Krause Family Skate Park; dinner that evening (5-7 PM) will aid Muscular Dystrophy Association, San Diego and Imperial Counties. For Tuesday lunch, August 12 (11:30-1:30), Friends of the Balboa Public Library will be the beneficiary. The restaurant will open for business officially on Wednesday, August 13 at 10:30 AM. It is the sixth Habit location in greater San Diego.
The Habit Burger Grill in Clairemont Mesa is a 2,500 square-feet new building with additional patio seating. Approximately 35 new jobs have been created to staff the restaurant. The company distinguishes itself in the fast casual better burger segment with its signature Charburger, menu variety and value. Some Habit food facts:
· Burgers are always 100% fresh ground beef, not frozen
· Burgers are char-grilled over an open flame for extra flavor
· Lettuce, tomatoes and onions are cut fresh daily
· French fries, onion rings and sweet potato fries are 100% trans-fat free, cooked in soybean oil
· Albacore is line-caught, sushi grade
· Fresh chicken breasts are hand-filleted and marinated in-house
· Tri-tip is trimmed and marinated in-house
· Salads are fresh, made to order
· House-made ranch dressing is prepared fresh daily in the restaurants
· Every Habit offers a complimentary condiment bar featuring an assortment of peppers, lemons, limes and a range of sauces for guests to spice it up
The Habit, whose motto is “Respect the Burger,” was founded in 1969 in Santa Barbara. There are two Habit Trucks, one based in LA County; the other in Orange County. They feature a full kitchen, digital menu board and sound system and the ability to serve off-site events from 100 to 500+ guests. For more information, visit www.habitburger.com. The Habit is also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/habitburger, on Twitter at @HabitBurger, on YouTube at www.youtube.com/habittube and on Instagram, @habitburgergrill.
About The Habit Burger Grill
The Habit opened in Santa Barbara, California in 1969. Soon after, 16-year old Brent Reichard got his first job here flipping burgers and a few years later he and his brother Bruce made the life-changing decision to buy it. Through hard work and dedication The Habit has grown, but remains focused on one simple philosophy: always deliver high quality food and great service at reasonable prices.
# # #